1) to educate and increase public awareness and understanding of the diversity of biological sex, gender identity and sexual orientation;
2) to provide information, courses, seminars and workshops about Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Two Spirited, Intersexual, Queer and questioning (LGBTIQ) communities;
3) to train teachers, school administrators, social workers, health and home care providers, as well as the business community on the needs of LGBTIQ communities;
4) to host an annual Windsor Pride Festival
5) to operate a community, educational and resource center for the LGBTIQ communities and the public; which offers a resource library and operates as a drop-in centre for LGBTIQ seniors and youth.
We envision oneworld united, in which every human being equally (regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, faith or age) is treated with dignity and respected for their intrinsic worth.
We envision a society in which the diversity of humanity is accepted and celebrated -- one in which members live in peace and harmony, individually and collectively working to make the world a better place for all.
We envision an integrated community of Windsor and Essex County that is progressive in its willingness to learn about and from its LGBTIQ members; that will not tolerate prejudice, discrimination, hatred or harm perpetrated against its LGBTIQ members; and that affords a standard of living and sufficient resources and opportunities to enable its LGBTIQ residents to develop to their full potential and enjoy the highest quality of life possible.
- every human being respected equally, regardless of social status
- mutual respect and mutual support
- human diversity and the free expression of individuality
- open minds and open hearts
- social change for the advancement of social justice
- freedom from prejudice, discrimination, hatred and harm